Pages

Monday, July 10, 2017

Fwd: Oh Shit!!


---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: bruce warren <cbrucewarren@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 9:46 PM
Subject: Oh Shit!!
To: <cbrucewarren.tatoosh@blogger.com>


Today's departure was delayed a bit. 
I was just getting Tatoosh ready to cast off when Mike told me that the head sounded funny when he used it. Sure enough it was not pumping out. 
I quickly manned the plunger for over an hour convinced it was a blockage. 

Then thinking we needed a snake or professional help went to the service guys- they were booked solid with no available until Wednesday. 

So we moved on to plan B: start disconnecting hoses and find the blockage. Of course this meant completely dismantling the head including the vanity/sink. 

After dealing with copious amounts of smelly fluids leaks we did not find a blockage. Next suspect was the pump: took it out and found that the shar from the motor to the pump bellows had a retaining scree that had sheeted and distorted the hole in the shaft. My cordless drill is dead and my dremael tool is in Calgary: took it to the shop with 1 hr left before they quit. They took pity and had it fixed by 5. Mike and I got it together enough to confirm that we had poop pumping capability and we stopped for dinner at the pub. 

8:30 and head is back to square one. I hope this is the last of the events in what has become a voyage of repairs!!

In the middle of dismantling the head and with strong odours coming up a gentleman stopped to inquire about Tatoosh being for sail. I had a quick chat, told him we were trying to leave soon but I'd call him on Monday after we are back. I did not want to try and show him the boat in the middle of that gong show!!

No comments: